The mission of the Muslim Association of Virginia (MAV) is to establish and maintain a vibrant community based on the Qur’an and Sunnah that is pleasing to Allah, through programs that support the religious, social and educational advancement of Muslims we serve. It also includes establishing and strengthening relationships with other Muslim and non-Muslim organizations that share our values.
• We believe in Allah, His Angels, His Prophets, Muhammad (PBUH) is His last Messenger, His Books and the Day of Judgment.
• The Masjid is the center of spiritual and community life.
• Providing facilities, services and activities to facilitate the spiritual advancement of the Muslim community is the chief priority for the MAV.
• Muslim community life flourishes when the religious, educational, cultural and social needs of individuals are met.
• Each believer is a valued individual whose services add to the rich diversity of our community.
• The umbrella of social services keeps families together by providing activities for youth, elderly and assisting the needy.
• The Muslim Association of Virginia (MAV) is a vehicle to influence the lives of Muslims and “grow” Islam in Virginia by involvement with other Faith groups and organizations.
• The Believers, the Executive Committee, and the Imam share in the responsibility of nourishing the deen and establishing brotherhood in the community..
• Our love for Allah is the driving force behind MAV’s commitment to serving the community.
Executive meetings are held the first Sunday of every month 8:00am at Dar Alnoor. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
Board of Directors
Please see our staff page in order to contact any Board of Directors.
Civic and Electoral Education
MAV Plans and organizes certain activities to educate our congregation with regards to various civic and electoral process issues. Please consult our website for any planned activities, Candidates’ Night Program or other similar programs that MAV has scheduled. In its educational programs, MAV neither endorses nor opposes any political candidate, political party, organization or public policy.
Please let us know if you or your organization is interested, so we may arrange for the time and the place, and inform you of our guidelines.
Our overall guidelines include proper and respectful attires and manners, and general respect for others. We also request that you take your shoes off when entering the mosque, as is customary among Muslims.
MAV is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, and cannot endorse or oppose political candidates, parties or organizations in any shape or form.
© 2024 Muslim Association of Virginia. All Rights Reserved.